Small-, medium-, or large-scale enterprise – all of which need a robust digital content marketing strategy that will introduce their brand to a broader market. So, whether you’re a startup company or a full-blown business, you need to understand digital content marketing inside-out. Here’s a guide that I have prepared for you. I hope you will find this useful in starting or revamping your digital content marketing strategy. First, let us discuss what digital content marketing is so we will have the same level of understanding of the subject matter.
Content Marketing’s Multiplier Effect
For many businesses, content marketing is but a small fraction of their digital marketing strategy. This is a common pitfall that I wouldn’t want you to fall into. Content marketing is and has always been a remarkable contribution to the broader marketing strategy. It is what many marketers call, the multiplier in the business.
mul •ti •plier noun. 1 factor by which gains in total output are higher than the change in spending 2 an instrument that intensifies the effect
Content is one of the secrets to gaining larger profits. It is a critical factor in growing sales, improving customer satisfaction, and expanding your market. A flawed content marketing strategy will likely get you on the bottom of the digital marketing landscape. That is why developing your content marketing strategy is not a recommendation but a requirement if you want to level up your brand’s pursuits in the online marketing field. Here are key strategies to help you get started.
Digital Content Marketing Strategies for Various Businesses
Content marketing is the heart of digital marketing. Without it, a business can barely survive. When you hear “content marketing,” probably, the first words that will come to your mind are blog articles. Although you are not entirely wrong, there are also other types of digital content marketing that may be suitable for your business.
9 Types of Content for Your Brand’s Digital Marketing Strategies
- Blog Posts – Blogging is considered as the most accessible type of content marketing. It is an ideal method to build relationships with online readers and expand your clientele. Blog posts make up the central part of content strategies since these are relatively easier and faster to write than other sorts of content. Here Is An Example Of A Blog Post
- Key Informant interview – The purpose of this type of content is to gather information from people who have access to or knowledge of a specific niche or topic. It aims to establish credibility and contribute to knowledge expansion.
- Longform Content aims to build authority and increase readership on your website. When you say long-form content, it won’t be just a 1,000-word essay; it might be composed of 5,000 words or more. It contains several comprehensible chapters that aim to deep dive and cover everything about a general topic.
- Case Studies – These refer to in-depth examinations of specific circumstances in the industry. Case studies are written to provide knowledge and actionable information to your readers. These are unique and credible resources that help many individuals land new businesses or develop their current enterprise strategies.
- Expert Roundup Posts – The purpose of this type of content is to gather information from individuals who are considered as thought leaders in the industry. These are a collection of quotes or interviews by influential people in the industry. Expert roundup posts help build credibility and establish online authority.
- White Papers are written to offer solutions and useful data about a particular subject. They require a longer time to write and contain distinct sections that focus on a specific problem.
- Infographics make complicated information eye-catching and reader-friendly. The key to creating excellent info-graphics is to combine text and graphics to communicate the general idea carefully.
- E-books – These are downloadable, evergreen content published on a regular schedule. Evergreen content is always relevant and stays fresh for all readers. It targets relevant audiences using various social media channels. E-books are considered as effective lead magnets as they offer value and real solutions to readers.
- Videos attract online users with their dynamism. These are powerful features that you need to integrate into your content marketing strategy if you want to expand your business and show the market what you can offer.
So, as you can see, there are many types of content that you can integrate into your digital content marketing strategy. If you haven’t incorporated content marketing yet, you are most likely losing hundreds if not thousands of significant leads and sales. What’s your next step? Build your brand’s content marketing strategies now!